Lowell, Oregon offers a serene natural setting and many fun outdoor things to do. Nestled in the foothills of the Cascades along Highway 58, Lowell is only 30 minutes southeast from Eugene - Springfield on the way to Oakridge/Westfir.
Lowell is known for its three big and beautiful lakes, numerous hiking and mountain biking trails, five picturesque covered bridges, wildflowers and wild blackberries!
- Hoist your sails or row your boat on Dexter Reservoir.
- Reel in fish during a perfectly lazy afternoon on Lookout Point Reservoir.
- Jet ski across Fall Creek Reservoir, kicking up spray.
- Marvel at the beauty of the Lowell Covered Bridge reflected in the glassy waters and learn it's history.
- Splash along the shoreline at Lowell State Recreation Area & Marina
- Watch the annual Oregon Association of Rowers' Covered Bridge Regatta held every April.
- Eat the best barbeque in the region at the Dexter Lake Club where an Animal House scene was filmed.
- Ride horses beside the river at Elijah Bristow State Park
Plan on camping in Lowell at one of many campgrounds or RV parks. Pitch your tent under a canopy of old-growth trees and pack a picnic for a lakefront soiree. Enjoy the escape into solitude and the starry skies at night.