Eugene, Oregon is at the south end of the Willamette Valley where two large rivers and many smaller ones meet. It is also a place of converging ideas. Eugene is full of artists, innovators and visionaries. Alongside the new is deep history of the Indigenous Peoples who were here first and who persist today. This destination strives to be welcoming by designing accessibility into growth plans and taking leaps toward a more sustainable future.
The Huffington Post describes Eugene as "the city where everyone runs." From Hollywood's portrayal of Eugene's track stars to the running trails that crisscross the community, Eugene is where world records have been set and personal bests happen all the time.
Eugene has a lot of nicknames because it supports a community that is passionate in all their pursuits. Eugene is "TrackTown USA" for elite athletes around the world, the "Silicon Shire" for leaders in the tech industry, "A Great City for the Arts & Outdoors" for its local residents, "Home of the Ducks" for collegiate sports fans and "Emerald City" because of the lush green fern forests full of trails for exploring in any weather.
Eugene is a renaissance city and the people here are full of dedication and grit. Visit Eugene and experience the energy of a city alive.
Signature Eugene Experiences
- Browse the Saturday and farmers' markets.
- Drink a craft beer or a cup of organic coffee in the artsy Whiteaker neighborhood.
- Dance and sing to "Shout" at a University of Oregon Ducks for football or basketball.
- Ride a bicycle in one of the nation's most bike-friendly cities.
- Hike Spencer Butte for stunning views.
- Delve into the dynamic arts scene.
- Taste the region's iconic Pinot Noir at an urban wine bar.
- Climb the basalt columns at Skinner Butte Park.
- Do a self-guided walking tour of the city's street art.
- Run a personal best on Pre's Trail.
- Taste wild truffles at the Oregon Truffle Festival.
- Stand in the place where champions are made at Hayward Field.
- Root for the home team at PK Park.
- Enjoy live music at one of the many great venues.
- Drop in at the nation's largest covered outdoor skate park.
- Hike the ridgeline in the rain. Don't forget your rain boots!
- Discover your favorite style of Yumm Bowl.